Monday, August 16, 2010

Going to the Beach

(written February 15, 2018) *Author’s Note: The photographs in this blog entry are all my own (unless otherwise captioned under). I respect that it may be easy to save them and print them on your own. But they are copyrighted and use of them is prohibited without my knowledge and consent. If you wish to use them, please send me an e-mail and we can discuss their use or purchase.  Thanks for your cooperation.
MoonNStarMommy@gmail.com
~ Nissa Rae

This graphic fell off the back of Google into my lap..

Living in Washington, you are surrounded by salt water (Pacific Ocean water) ...  We went to Island Lake Beach

Island Lake is a fresh water (not salt water) beach with fishing for Rainbow Trout and Large Mouth Bass.

You can rent the the community center there for a party or event.

Park Features: Lake access, swimming area, fishing pier, walking trails, picnic areas, picnic shelter, playground, restrooms, community center, parking lots and life jacket kiosks. Park restrooms open April 1st-September 30th.

Screen capture off Google ^^^




The sand was really hot that day...  little toddlers don't like burning feet! LOL


This dragonfly came and landed on me....

Nathan - who doesn't like being dirty - was very out of his element ...




Calahan (with his hand up) and Noah (with the yellow floatie) out in the water...

Kaedyn waving to his brothers ...I can just hear it "Come on Kaedyn!  Come in the water,,,"  Kaedyn is saying ... "Nope I'm good!"


Taking the boys out to the water ...  this is there first time at water like this ...  well, Nathan was at the river in Eau Claire when he was real little... so I should say this is the first time of them at this fun age...











We decided to make a sand castle ...  don't judge...  we're not good... LOL....









The beach was a very welcome reprieve from the heat....it doesn't get hot in Washington, not in our area anyway, but for maybe a week or two during the summer.  There really is no more than a month of hot weather.  And it doesn't "rain all the time" like people say or think.  During the winter, yeah.  During the summer, nah.

The little boys didn't venture too far in the water... and I'm not a fan of fish nibbling my toes...  but I did swim out a bit when the boys were being watched by their dad and/or their Nana (my mom).  DB swam more than I did though.

It was a lot of fun, it was also very crowded on a hot day, which is to be expected.

THIS IS SOMETHING WE WOULD RECOMMEND AND WE WOULD DEFINITELY GO HERE AGAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some LOVE!